Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Help the Cause

Some of you may know/remember my friend Liala. She has been one of the many people who has been very affected by breast cancer. In her efforts to be pro-active and aid Breast Cancer Research in finding a cure, each year she does atleast one walk for the cure and this year she has raised the bar. Here is her story.

Hello my dear friends!

As you all know, I’ve always been pretty active in philanthropic events, especially raising awareness and funds to find a cure for breast cancer. I have participated in many 5Ks, three 40 miles walks, as well as countless fundraisers. When I was signing up for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer this past weekend, I didn’t feel like it was enough for me this year.

Each walk I do is in memory of my grandmother Olha, and in honor of my mother Martha. My mother has been fighting breast cancer for 5 years. She has been diagnosed three times, and th is October, she will be done with her last round of treatment! Her will and strength are why we are all so very confident she will beat this cancer with flying colors. This year, a two day walk is not enough. Seeing all she has endured, I feel I must do more. So this year, I will walk over 45 miles, and will bike over 100 miles. I have signed up for multiple walks, bike rides, and even a yoga for breast cancer event.

These events will take place in Philadelphia, California, Minnesota, and right here in the DC/Virginia area. As always, I have a great team with me during all these events. My walking buddy, who helps me train, walk/ride, and is always by my side, Ronna, will be with me at all these events as well. Our team, Pink Struttin’ Zazulke is now going to have to be called the Pink Travelin’ Zazulke :) We’ll be spending the weekends walking, riding, and “yoga-ing” with thousands of other men and woman, to support Breast Cancer research and to get closer to a cure.

As part of these events, I pledged to raise money for the cause. As a grand total, I have pledged to raise at least $3,225 to go toward various Breast Cancer Foundations. They will provide support and resources for men and women affected by this terrible disease. This will help so many people in our own community and throughout the country. Any amount you can gi ve is great; I just appreciate your support. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make a donation online by going to the page below, and clicking on any of the event links.
I’m also hoping to coordinate with my previous fundraising companies for fundraising events. I will keep you posted on all events

If you’re not able to donate or participate in the fundraising events, come out and train with me. I’ve committed to train every day on local trails. And if you’re in any of the areas of the events, I’d love to see all of you!

I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

With much love and thanks,

Ann “Liala” Kaczmarskyj
http://liala4acure.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment